Tenacious Criminal Defense Representation From A Lawyer Who Cares
Everyone makes mistakes, but some mistakes have legal consequences. Unfortunately, Louisiana’s criminal laws are harsh, and conviction can mean serious jail time, steep fines and other penalties. If you’ve been arrested and charged with a criminal offense, you don’t need judgement. You need help and a reason to hope.
That’s what you can expect when you contact Max J. Koeck IV, LLC, Attorney and Counselor at Law. For more than 10 years, I have been a steadfast advocate for clients in South Louisiana who have been accused of wrongdoing. I will thoroughly investigate the charges against you, look for weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and work tirelessly to help you resolve your charges in the way that best meets your needs and goals. Through it all, I will provide frequent updates and remain available to address your questions and concerns.
You Can Rely On My Legal And Courtroom Experience
Throughout my career, I have helped many clients fight or otherwise resolve their Louisiana criminal charges, including those related to:
- Drug crimes like possession, intent to distribute, manufacturing, etc.
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Weapons offenses such as illegal possession of a firearm
- Assault and other violent crimes
- Family violence
- Shoplifting and other theft offenses
- White collar crimes like embezzlement, money laundering and more
In addition to criminal charges, I can also help you resolve traffic violations like speeding tickets. Many people assume it’s not worth it to contest a traffic ticket, but they fail to consider that traffic offenses typically stay on your record for three to five years. This can result in higher insurance premiums and other expenses, and too many violations can result in the loss of your license. I can contest your traffic citation for you, and you may not even need to appear in court with me.
Don’t Just Sit In Jail – I May Be Able To Help With Bail/Bond
If you or someone you love has been arrested, getting out of jail ahead of a trial is often the first of many legal and practical obstacles you will face. Here are some important things to know about bail/bond:
- The purpose of bail is to hold money to ensure that you show up for trial. It is not a punishment for it’s own sake.
- If you are likely to show up for a trial, don’t pose a danger to the community and are unlikely to flee, a good attorney may be able to negotiate a much more reasonable bail/bond amount. You don’t need to accept the initial amount set by a judge.
- Many defendants believe that by sitting in jail now, they will get credit for time served if and when they are eventually convicted. This may be true in some cases, but if you can win your case, your time in jail will have gained you nothing.
The bottom line is that you are in a much better position to prepare your defense when you are not stuck behind bars. If you contact me quickly after you (or a loved one) have been arrested, I will set to work immediately on all aspects of the case, starting with bail.
Discuss Your Legal Options During An Initial Consultation
Max J. Koeck IV, LLC, Attorney and Counselor at Law, is based in Metairie and serves clients throughout surrounding areas of Louisiana. If you have been arrested or are under investigation, do not hesitate to seek legal help. I will be by your side throughout the duration of your case, protecting your rights and fighting for your freedom.